Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pair CDVs showing well dressed couple, Boston Studio







Pair of CDVS taken by the Boston studio of Mrs. Stuart at 258 Washington Street, perhaps showing a husband and wife or brother and sister.  The setting is exactly the same in each CDV.

Unfortunately, these CDVs are not identified.  My only hope is that you will recognize these people from your family albums.  If so, please let me know.


Thanks for stopping by!














Heirlooms.Reunited@gmail.com
Twitter: ToddHouse
Buzz: ToddHouse Genealogy
Downest Maine and Maritime Canada Genealogy

2 comments:

  1. William Wallace TabbotApril 6, 2014 at 11:59 AM

    Hey Pam! :) ... What a small world!... Is this your blog? I only stumbled across this page because I have a photo done by Mrs. Stuart, 258 Washington Street, Boston as well that I am trying to identify... I googled the name and address of her studio and up popped you!...lol

    What do you know about Mrs. Stuart's studio in Boston?... What time period would she have been doing photography?... etc...

    I'm thinking that the photo I have could either be of the first wife of my 2nd great grandfather, Capt. James William Tabbot... or ... Possibly, that of his mother depending on when the photo was taken at Mrs. Stuart's studio in Boston and the age of the woman in the photograph... I could really use some help with this... Any wisdom and guidance you could share would be greatly appreciated. :)

    Thanks,

    Bill Tabbot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would recommend consulting with Maureen Taylor, the Photo Detective, at maureentaylor.com - she probably has info on Mrs. Stuart and can also date your photograph for you. I did find an interesting tidbit on something that happened at Mrs. Stuart's studio around 1862 when photographer William Mumler took a selfie and said that his cousin, then dead for 12 years, appears in it. "The Strange Case of William Mumler, Spirit Photographer", by Louis Kaplan.

    ReplyDelete