Thursday, April 15, 2010

Photograph of young Gladys Stewart with Genealogy on the reverse; born 1892 in Nebraska


Photo taken by the Wheat Studio of Rockford (presumably Illinois) of young Gladys Stewart, who I believe was the daughter of William Marion Stewart and Deli (King) Stewart.

Found with this photograph was one of a young woman identified as Delia, with a surname that appears to end in "ford".  Hopefully a reader will recognize a connection.  Perhaps Delia (King) Stewart had a middle name that ended in "ford".

On the reverse of Gladys' photo, her birth is noted as July 14, 1892.  There are some other words, but written so faintly that I can hardly make them out, the same problem I have with her mother's photograph (see upcoming blog post about mother Delia).  I can read the words "Barton"; "Bancroft" Missouri.

Sadly, I believe Gladys died in 1915.


William Marion Stewart was the son of George Washington Stewart and Rebecca Ann (Sigler) Stewart.  William was born in Iowa in Dec 1851 and died in Oregon in 1930.  His wife Delia was born April 1852 in Iowa, I believe Boonville, and died in Oregon in 1928.

If you have information on this family, please leave a comment or contact me directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment