Thursday, May 20, 2010

1917 RPPC of Alice Henward, age 3, Eastport, Maine; fancy dress & hat


Note of 9/15/10:  I found another photograph of Alice, with her sister Dorothy, and wrote a post about that photograph on 9/15/10.  To see that photograph, click Henward Sisters

Real photo postcard of three year old Alice Henward, born about 1914, the daughter of James and Carrie M. (Lee) Henward of Eastport, Maine.  Alice was decked out in finery, perhaps for a wedding or Easter.



If you have any insights to share about the Henward or Lee families of eastern Maine and the Maritimes, please contact me.

Thanks for stopping by!


Heirlooms.Reunited@gmail.com
Twitter ID: ToddHouse http://twitter.com/ToddHouse
Google Buzz: ToddHouse Genealogy
Downeast Maine & Maritime Canada Genealogy

4 comments:

  1. I have many connections to Maine through both my parents. Currently, I am researching Barbara,and Isabella McKenzie of St. George,NB.
    Daughters of George and Albina (Morrison) Apparently,they were sisters to my gg-grandmother,Catherine (born ca. 1834/35 in Pictou,NS) Both sisters married HENWOOD,(HENWARD) & resided in Eastport,Maine.
    Isabella married on 3 November,1869 in Eastport to Charles H. Henwood (b.30 March,1849) Isabelle died 2 Sept.1912 in Eastport,age 70. Barbara (McKenzie) Henward,died 26 April,1897, age 45.
    So far this is all I have about them .
    My gg grandparents: Catherine (McKenzie) Grant m.6 Sep 1857 in Topsham,ME, Daniel Robert Grant in Topsham,ME , marriage also recorded in Lewiston. Sadly,Catherine died of cancer at the age of 44 y in Chelsea,MA.
    I have been searching very long for connections to her . Genealogists in Utah, came up with the above names her parents and siblings,and this information has been passed along to me but other than 1851 census of NB , I have been given nothing to confirm the actual connections here. Pictures are wonderful to see! I hope this helps someone too~! Thank you for your post! Andrea Brown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the info I have, Charles H. Henwood/Henward married Isabella McKenzie November 3, 1842, Eastport, Washington County, Maine, USA. They had 5 children, 3 boysand 2 girls, John Nelson Henwood, Charles Henward, Debanks Henwood, Lavina and Mina Henwood

      Delete
    2. Thank you for this additional information!

      Delete
  2. Please use the search function on this blog for other Henward and related photos. Also, visit http://downeastmainegenealogy.ning.com for some Morrison and other Henward pix. One shows Jim Henward driving a fire wagon (horse-drawn) in the Eastport 4th of July parade. I'll see what I can find out about your relatives. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete