Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cabinet Photo of Baby, possibly Frank Janton; taken by J. W. Mountain studio, Camden, New Jersey



Cabinet photograph of a baby; taken by J. W. Mountain, 440 Kaighn's Ave., Camden, New Jersey.  The baby is possibly Frank Janton, as hinted in the indentification on reverse, shown below:




The name "Frank" appears at the very top. Then the phrase "Complements from G. H. Janton and wife".  I typed the extra "e" in "Complements", because that's the way I believe he wrote it.


I researched a Frank and/or Franklin/Francis Janton in the Pennsylvania/New Jersey area and found a Frank/Francis Janton who had served in the Civil War.  This is possibly the baby's uncle.  I did find a George Janton, married to Sarah, but I didn't find a Frank  living with them on any of the Censuses.  If I have the correct family, Frank must have been born and raised between the 1880 and 1900 Censuses.   


Or perhaps this is an entirely different family.


If you have any information on the baby in the photograph, please scroll down to the comments box at the bottom of this page or contact me directly.  


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment