Sophomore Reading, Given by the Class of 1906 of Anson Academy in Carrabassett Hall, North Anson, Maine, Friday Evening, February 5, 1904.
1. Joe Striker and the Sheriff, Anon - by John E. Blake
2. By Ned, Anon - by Leon C. Getchell
3. A Sleeping Cavalier, Anon - by Perley D. Luce
4. The Old Maid's Prayer, Anon - by Iva A. Getchell
5. Metamora, Stone - by Linwood L. Berry
6. In the Dime Museum, Anon - by Roxie M. Merrill
7. Typ-Ta-Ta, Anon - by Leslie R. Berry
8. Sunshine Johnson, Anon - by Maurice Foss
CLASS OTTO: "No Step Backward"
Maurice Foss, Pres.
Roxie M. Merrill, Sec.
Leslie R. Berry, Treas.
John E. Blake
Roxie M. Merrill
Iva A. Getchell
I invite readers to leave a comment about one of the sophomores mentioned above. From the Maine Marriages online database, I found that:
- Leon C. Getchell of Embden, Maine, married Sadie B. Lovejoy of New Portland, Maine, on 4 December 1912
- not sure if this is the correct person, but I found a Perlie C. Luce of New Portland, Maine, who married Esther M. Gilman of China, Maine, on 22 December 1909
- Iva A. Getchell of Embden, Maine, married Melvin W. Farmer of New Portland, Maine, on 15 March 1909
- Linwood L. Berry of Embden, Maine, married Carl Odrey of North Anson, Maine, on 23 June 1912 [Is Linwood a female or could Carl be Carla?]
- not sure if this is the correct person, but I found a Roxie Merrill of Anson, Maine, who married Elsie Berry of Anson, Maine, on 7 October 1912 [could this perhaps be her classmate Leslie R. Berry?]
Thanks for stopping by!