Photograph of West Point graduate Edwin McCormick, with a presentation date of 21 October 1874. The photograph was presented to T. F Walsh.
From online research, hopefully correct:
Edwin McCormick was born about August 1852 in New York, the son of Edwin and Charlotte (Lyons) McCormick. He was married twice and had children with both of his wives. His first wife was Sophia Dennison, who was born about 1855 in New York.
I found a source online that claimed that Sophia Dennison was Sophia A. Dennison, born 28 November 1854, the daughter of Stephen Parker Dennison, born at Machias, Maine 3 August 1824, and Keziah Turner, born in England on 10 February 1827.
This Sophia's father Stephen was a whaler in Maine who moved his family to the Hudson River in New York, apparently before Sophia was born, if this is the correct family.
This Sophia, according to records in the Oakley Family Bible, was married to a James Wilson, about whom I know nothing, in 1873. She and James were not married long, if this is our Sophia.
The date of death of this Sophia is 21 September 1892, which certainly fits. If you have information on this mystery, please leave a comment.
Children with Sophia:
- Jessie McCormick, born about 1876 in New York
- Stephen McCormick, born about 1880 in New York
- Florence McCormick, born about 1890 in New York
- Mary Frances McCormick, born about 1894 in New York
- Francis Thomas McCormick, born about April 1896 in New York
- Margaret McCormick, born about 1899 in New York
- Edwin McCormick, born about 1902 in New York.