Photograph of a 28 year old Lizzie Wicker; photo taken by the J. Smith Photograph and Tintype Gallery at 1716 Seventh Street, West Oakland, California.
From online research, hopefully correct: [with gratitude for the help of online friends]
Lizzie Wicker was born Lizzie Rowe in Maine. On the 1900 Census, August 1859 is shown as her month/year of birth, but the year is frequently off by a year.
I found several possibilities for a Lizzie Rowe from Maine, born about 1859 and hope that a reader will come forth with the correct identification.
At some point, Lizzie married Louis Rogers Wicker, who was born in New York about January 1858; again, the year could be off by a year.
- Frank C. Wicker; born September 1879; m. Florence Ellen Adella Johnson; died 12 June 1931
- Hattie May Wicker, born 6 November 1880 in California; m. Alfred Wallace; died 19 January 1954
- Maud E. Wicker, born 16 September 1882 in California; m. William Sheldon; died 25 November 1946
- Kate E. Wicker, born August 1891 in California; died sometime between 1920-1925
- Murle Rowe Wicker, born 11 January 1899; died 7 October 1943 in Alameda County, California. He was unmarried in the 1920 and 1930 Censuses and at the time of his 1942 World War II enlistment record, so perhaps he never married