Two memorial cards, one for William R. Penniman of Braintree, Massachusetts, and the other for his daughter-in-law Mary Ethel (Hall) Penniman, wife of Walter Aldrich Penniman, of Brockton, Massachusetts.
William Reed Penniman was born 19 October 1820 at Braintree, Massachusetts, son of Thomas Ora Penniman and Dorcas Elizabeth (Reed) Penniman. On 15 July 1849 at Braintree, Massachusetts, William married Louisa Maria Aldrich, daughter of Nathaniel and Anna (Paine) Aldrich. Louisa was born, I think, 18 August 1831 at Woonsocket, Rhode Island.
William was a prominent contractor, responsible for many buildings in eastern Massachusetts. He was Braintree's representative to the General Court in 1855. Louisa was a professor of music at Hollis Institute in South Braintree. They had five children:
- Helen Louise Penniman, born 10 April 1851; died 30 August 1870
- Abby Darling Penniman, born 14 April 1854; married Edward Wilson Thompson
- Frederick William Penniman, born 3 Jan 1859; married Annie May Pierce, daughter of Isaac Oliver Pierce and Julia Maria (Brown) Pierce
- Walter Aldrich Penniman, born 6 May 1861 at Braintree, Massachusetts; married 1) Mary Ethel Hall, discussed below, and 2) Keziah H. (Murdock) Mank, widow of Everett F. Mank
- Lyman Everett Penniman, born 18 August 1868
Mary Ethel (Hall) Penniman died of cancer on 19 May 1897 at Brockton, Massachusetts.
If you have correction and/or additions to the information above, please leave a comment or contact me directly.