Spelling book with inscription on first end paper: Property of Miss Martha J. Munroe, Taunton, 1848
From online research, hopefully correct: [corrections and additions welcome!]
Martha Jane Munroe was born 13 January 1837, the daughter of William and Sophia (Williams) Munroe/Monroe. She married George Alfred Dunham, son of Schuyler and Sally (White) Dunham. George was born 12 July 1836. They were living at Taunton, Massachusetts, at the time of the 1880 Census; Norton, Massachusetts, at the time of the 1900 Census and Attleborough, Massachusetts, at the time of the 1910 Census.
I believe they had five children:
- Georgietta Dunham (1859-1859)
- Erford Clinton Dunham (1860-1908)
- Clara Jane Dunham (1867-1940); married Arthur Wells Twombley
- George Alfred Dunham, Jr. (1873-1948); married Helen Tew Lane and Mabel Estella Field
- Nellie A. Dunham (1892-1979); possibly an adopted daughter
Thanks for stopping by!