1905 graduation photograph of George Gould, a student at the Technical High School at Providence, Rhode Island.
The photograph itself is 4" x 3"; the piece mounted is 10" x 7". It was found with 15 similar photographs of 6 other men and 9 women. Most of the photographs, if not all, were taken by the Edgar K. Horton studio of Providence.
A list of the people in the photographs appears at the end of this post.
From online research, hopefully correct: [corrections welcome!]
I found several possibilities for a George Gould in the Providence, Rhode Island area during the relevant time frame.
It's possible that the young man in the photograph was George Herbert Gould, born 7 December 1886 at Attleboro, Massachusetts, son of George A. and Elizabeth (Wilson) Gould.
This George Gould married Grace Green of Canada and was a civil engineer who worked for the City of Providence, Rhode Island. They had at least two children, both sons.
If you have a theory about the identity of the George Gould in the graduation photograph, please leave a comment or contact me directly. Thanks!
People in the 16 photographs:
- Ethel B. Arnold, June 1905
- Rachel C. Arnold. T.H.S. 1905
- Ernest Spencer Calder, Tech 05, "Giles Corey"
- Mary Alice Carpenter, June 1905
- Jessie J. Colvin, T.H.S. '05
- Florence Dombey Colwell, Class of 1905, T.H.S.
- Edith M. Fairbrother, T.H.S. 1905
- Joseph Alfred Fallows, Tech. '05
- Farah C. Glynne, [not sure of this name], T.H.S. 1905
- Annie F. Goff, Class of 1905 [died 22 March 1909]
- Marjorie Goff, Christmas 1904
- George Gould, T.H.S. '05
- E. Grace Hartman, April 26, 1905
- Charles J. Martin, T.H.S. '05 [became noted artist Charles James Martin]
- Frank Bartlett McSoley, T.H.S. 1905
- Mancel Talcott, T.H.S. '05
Providence, Rhode Island
View Larger Map
Thanks for stopping by!